*Health & Safety is paramount to any business. Making sure you adhere to the relevant regulations in the transport industry could be a matter of life or death. This module is an overview of rules, regulations and responsibilities of the professional driver. It's also important to know how to protect your vehicle and yourself against hazards and dangers arising during the course of your work. Learning some key pointers can decrease the chance of both you and your vehicle coming to serious harm.
The course includes
- Introduction to Health & Safety
- Legal responsibilities
- Specific Health & Safety legislation (this includes manual handling, PPE, RIDDOR & COSHH)
- Personal safety
- Keeping yourself safe and fit to drive
- Smuggling & personal allowances
- Driver and passenger safety
- Personal safety when carrying dangerous goods
- Vehicle security
- Keeping your vehicle and load secure
- Preventing clandestine entrants
Health & Safety (Morning)
By the end of this session, drivers will be able to describe their Health & Safety responsibilities and outline the main areas of non-driving Health & Safety that they should be aware of on a day-to-day basis.
When it comes to driving, we believe it's important that everyone involved is focused on safety and has a good knowledge of how to look after their vehicles and themselves. This course aims to provide professional drivers with all the information they need to do just that.
7 Hours (1 Day)