This course is designed to highlight drivers' responsibilities under drivers' hours legislation and provide practical experience of working with digital equipment.
Benefits of Attending
- Develop knowledge of drivers' hours, working time and tachograph rules.
- Offers detailed practical instruction on how to record the rules using the digital recording equipment.
- Gain a full appreciation of how drivers' hours compliance relates to the operator license obligations.
- Understand the potential penalties for non-compliance.
- EU drivers' hours rules and working time regulations.
- Use of the recording equipment.
- Domestic regulations and record keeping requirements.
- Enforcement practices and procedures.
- Penalties for non-compliance in relation to both driver and vehicle operator.
- Digital Tachographs
- Drivers responsibilities and the penalties for non-compliance
- Using Digital Tachographs
- Drivers cards & Logs
- Manual entries
- Data display and print offs
- Explain the procedures to be followed in the event of the driver making mistakes
- Explain the procedures to be followed in the event of an equipment malfunction
Learning how to use the Digital Tachograph, the rules and regulations of Tachograph operation and what records drivers need to keep.
1 day (7 hours excluding lunch and breaks)
This full-day course counts as one day's Driver CPC training.